The Introduction to SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) course in Sydney is one of the training days we currently provide through the University of Sydney’s Centre for Continuing Education – this is a certified course for 1 day and for groups of 8-20 people, with dates throughout the year.
You can read more about this course below or you can find more details and enrol through the CCE website here.
The Introduction to SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) course is essential for anyone wanting to attract more search visits to their business website. You’ll learn about the process of search engine optimisation (SEO), including keyword research, writing optimised content, getting web pages indexed by search engines and tracking the outcomes. You’ll discover new online tools and resources to implement successful campaigns, learn about ‘link popularity’ and how to develop an effective link building strategy, and briefly review the role of Google Ads (AdWords) and Google Analytics as part of a search marketing strategy.
The key areas covered by this training course are shown below:
- What is search engine marketing? – Why search engines are important for business websites; outlines the main elements involved with search engine marketing (SEM), plus the differences between search engine optimisation (SEO) and pay-per-click advertising (PPC).
- SEO basics – Covers the issues to consider when optimising a website, what can be achieved and how to plan an SEO strategy.
- Keyword research – How to select and target the best keywords and how to prioritise keywords on a website.
- Writing optimised content – The importance of HTML tags, how to write effective title and description tags and review the page content of a website.
- Search engine indexing – Looks at ‘SEO-friendly’ web design, getting pages indexed by the search engines, and using Google Search Console.
- Link building – Why link building is important and how to plan and implement a link building strategy.
- Pay-per-click advertising – What it is, how it works and what are the advantages or disadvantages compared to search engine optimisation.
- Reviewing Google Analytics reports – Looks at some of the key reports and metrics in Google Analytics which can be used to track the results of search engine marketing campaigns.
To book a place on this scheduled course, please visit the Centre for Continuing Education course page.
The trainer of this course, Clive Hawkins, also provides these related 1-day courses through the CCE in Sydney:
* Google Ads (AdWords) management course
* Business Insights with Google Analytics course.
As an alternative to these group courses, we also offer tailored in-house training courses on SEO, Google Ads (AdWords), Google Analytics, social media marketing and more. If you would like more information about these, please contact us.
Other locations for training courses in Australia:
SEO training in Melbourne | Google Ads (AdWords) courses in Brisbane | Google Analytics training in Adelaide |Search engine marketing courses in Perth | SEO training in Hobart | Ads (AdWords) training in Darwin